Sunday, October 2, 2011

Meat-free October!

Yesterday marked day-one of my plan to go meat-free for one month! What changed this “I could never be a vegetarian!” girl’s mind? The documentary Forks Over Knives.

The title is significant and explains why I’ll be making this dietary change, but you must watch the flick to fully understand. At first I thought the title described a salad fork conquering a steak knife, but the imagery might actually be referring to diet (a fork) and medicine (a knife, or scalpel). Forks over knives. Food over medicine. Love it! I would rather choose forks over knives any day.

I don’t predict this change in diet will be too difficult for me, but we’ll see. If I like it and feel good at the end of the month, meat-free will become a way of life for me. Now I should clarify, I will not be becoming a full-fledge vegetarian as I will be allowing myself to consume fish. Eggs and dairy will also continue to be a very minute portion of my diet (I hate the thought of limiting myself that much and having too many restrictions!) Gluten free, meat free – here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment