Monday, October 31, 2011

Are your days filled with everything you love?

Yesterday, as hungover as I was, was a perfect day. It was yet another day filled with everything I love. I awoke on an air mattress at the community hall which my friends and I had rented for a Halloween party, still in full costume. My heart was beaming with delight as I looked around at the mess we were about to spend the next 3 hours cleaning up. What a great party we threw! The smiles, dancing, laughter and costumes were all equally amazing. It was one of those nights when you’re reminded of how wonderful the people you have in your life are. I’ve accumulated quite the collection of beautiful people in my life, and I am overwhelmingly grateful for this. I believe my friends are my greatest asset.

Arriving home around noon, Logan and I decided a nap was in order. Fed and showered, the two of us crawled into our bed for some afternoon zzz’s. That boyfriend of mine, he really is something special. Not only does he give the best cuddles, he made (and had) the best costume at the party, he also did my full makeup (making me second best!) and, he helped my brother make his. Logan loves Halloween so much and was having such a great time, he even got drunk! He doesn’t do that very often. There have been two occasions this week that have just solidified how much I love this man. Two occasions when I seen him smiling from both his heart, and mouth, and singing: Foo Fighters concert and our Halloween party. He was lit up, thus lighting me up.

After nap time, I realized it was still only early in the afternoon. Time was going slow, the way I like it on my days off. Fisher asked that I take her for a walk as it was a beautiful, sunny, fall day. So, away we went: myself, Dan Mangan, and Fisher. For two hours, we trotted along, splashing colorful leaves around, enjoying sunshine on our faces, and smiling at passersby. It’s very easy for me to find magic in the mundane. I love walking, for this reason. Unlike biking, walking is slow – allowing you to look around, take it all in, stop and smell the roses. What an enchanting world we live in!

Home sweet home again, and with a hungry belly, Logan and I prepared a stir-fry with the abundance of ingredients found in our fridge. Another thing I am quite grateful for. Then, the whole household sat around in the living room and watched an episode of Dexter while munching on delicious, truffle-oil popcorn! In bed again by 9:30pm – quite content with my day of relaxing, happy memories, and peaceful thoughts. I am happy so many of my days are filled with the things I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment