Wednesday, August 3, 2011

sprinkling kindness and scattering joy

I’m in a very good place. I feel nothing but joy. As per usual, so much to look forward to, so much to be grateful for. Let me share with you this moment’s gratitude list.

The past two weekends have been the picture of perfect summer experiences. Panorama biking/camping with the boy, the first weekend. Fernie biking/camping with the boy and the brother last weekend. Loved every moment of these two weekends. Every moment.

Tomorrow evening, a very dear friend of mine, Carolyn, will be in town for one night only. She is from Windsor (the one who wrote the quote in the picture below) and has been visiting w/ family in Edmonton for the past week. I love her so much and simply can’t wait to be in her presence, celebrate our friendship and smile about our future. Dinner reservations are made for Mango Shiva, one of my fave restaurants!

Next Tuesday, myself and the colleagues will be gathering together for our first Crafts & Cocktails evening, organized by Me! We will make cards. Cards for each other, and cards for our patients. The objective: sprinkling kindness and scattering joy. Let’s make the world a nicer place, starting right here at Lasik MD!

August/September = lots to celebrate! Mine and Logan’s 4 yr anniversary is quickly approaching, as is my 4 yr anniversary here in Calgary. Also, my 29th birthday and a 10-day holiday (road-trip with my man)!!!

I love my boyfriend. My favorite thing in life is sharing a pillow with him every night. He is the most incredible, genuine, peaceful, loving influence in my life. I never imagined love to be like this, to be so real. I now know why some people call their partner their “rock” – he is my rock. He is my best friend. He lights me up, lifts me higher, levels me out. He always understands, no exception. He truly possesses the most amazing qualities. I feel overwhelmingly blessed to share my life with him. A very profound thank you universe for bringing us together and keeping us so solid.

In October I will spend 4 full days, in Toronto, hanging with my best girls ever! My girl Leah will be wedding dress shopping accompanied by Lindz, her Mama and her Aunt (all arriving from Newfoundland). In addition, I will get to see my girl Jen (from Windsor). I am over-the-moon with this upcoming trip and am so excited I could pee in my pants!

In November I get to see my favorite band of all time, Hey Rosetta! And – another favorite – Dan Mangan! Thank you so much Holly and Ashley for recommending his music. These ladies have amazing taste, in everything.

I can’t make a list like this without acknowledging my health, which serves me so well. I love this vessel, its strength, its energy, its physical and mental performance, its peace of mind. I am so blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my darling, you are so beautiful. You are my inspiration to love life and I thank you for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just checkin out tootie times, looking good, lovin life as per usual. since the very first day i met you, over 20 years ago... good lord we gettin up there in age... you have always stayed true to yourself and everyone you touch. you are truly an inspiration. i love you so much, and i can't wait to see your smiling face!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete