Monday, August 22, 2011

My future

While enjoying Fernie’s open-air Sunday market yesterday, after a Saturday spent downhill biking at the resort – I had a dream.

I own a Bed & Breakfast in Fernie. Fortunate financial circumstances came my way so it’s a Pay-What-You-Want B&B. The service, experience and comfort are that of a paramount quality so I am quite successful with this type of business model. I love taking care of my guests! Often, my guests are friends from Calgary – in town for the weekend biking or boarding. Or, friends from Ontario or Newfoundland – here for a week-long mountain getaway. A lot of guests are friends of friends (soon-to-be friends) who were told about our quaint place in the mountains and its fantastic, world-class hospitality. Our guests are free to stay with us, as long as they like – we have lots of space so it’s quite comfortable for everyone. While Logan offers Mountain Biking and Snowboard lessons to our guests, I offer a warm and comfortable setting, home-cooked meals, day hikes, tour guide, arts & crafts, and simply company if someone requests so. Speaking of arts & crafts – I even sell some of my work in my B&B. I have it on display around the house, and I’m just so happy to have that time to be creative. I love that this is my life – that I spend my days taking care of my guests and showing them a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment