Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The little things

I returned yesterday from a 24 hr backcountry excursion with the family.  Had an amazing time!  It was my very first time camping in the backcountry – and that feeling of being in such a remote place I truly loved!  Simplicity is a beautiful thing.  My mind spent it’s time being free and light.  Smells of earth surrounded us while mountain walls reminded us whose boss.  Clear, blue-green, glacier fed water and vibrant autumn leaves colored our playground quite magnificently.  Peace filled my lungs with every breath. 

Unexpectedly, a downpour struck.  Lasting a couple of hours, I think it only visited to remind us of our basic needs.  Shelter is what we found ourselves instinctively seeking.  Warmth came in a close second.  It wasn’t long before teamwork and cooperation presented shelter.  Upon its completion though, the universe had coincidently responded to our innermost requests … presto, the rain had stopped!  A blazing fire was soon to follow and there we were basking in its glorious gift of heat.   

Ahhhhh.  I love my life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment