Monday, April 18, 2011

Alice in wonderland

Often I feel I’m Alice in Wonderland. During my walks, which I describe as being meditative, I’m frequently overwhelmed by how beautiful everything is. And I mean everything. Either I have the ability to be this present (which I realize, may be a gift), or the rose-colored lenses you can usually find me wearing have kicked into overdrive. I’m infatuated with trees, shrubs, grass – and they’re all leafless, decaying or yellow as it is still very early in the spring and it is Calgary. Yet, I’m just over the top pleased with how amazing these lifeforms are! I observe my feet take steps on the earth before me and am fascinated by the vast array of terrain my soles see. I see our frozen river and imagine the rush of bubbly water flowing below. The air feels cool and crisp and refreshing after a long day spent inside. I smile at people I pass by. They smile back and I just know it’s true. Smile and the world smiles with you. After a long day of making people happy with my work, this is how I like to unwind and let go. Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment